Tuesday, July 15, 2014

purple spiders














In a swimming pool an 11 year old girl asked, "What are all those purple lines on your legs?"

Well, I thought, a map of my years on earth. Considering ...

 ... the number of leaps and landings, jumps and choreographed tumbles during 30+ years of dance/performances.

But it was hopping within one square foot of stage, over and over, while the other leg, a la seconde en l'air at waist height, then burst! a round of twirling jetes circling the stage in half backbends ...

... yes, it was that first jete out of the centripetal motion and I could feel my capillaries as the foot landed on earth and spiders of electricity crawled up my leg.

Kinda like that, these maps of our lives, etched on skin and membrane.

Kinda like that, kid.


art: The Gift lastor